Friday, September 26, 2008

Scarlet Fever

Our sweet baby....before the suprising diagnosis
Imagine my surprise when he was diagnosed with strep/tonsilitis & SCARLET FEVER. Who has scarlet fever these days?! Apparently it's rather common to get it with the strep virus. Some children are just more susceptible to it than others.

The rash that covered his body from head to toe turned into blisters on his hands and feet which caused swelling in his hands.

The blisters covered the bottom of his feet but didn't stop him from walking around....Ouch!



Almost two weeks later there is still residual rash and his toes and fingers are literally shedding skin ....just like a snake. It's somewhat disturbing. Who knew!

3 comments:

Rohan Shearer said...

Glad to see some more blogs! Hope you are all doing well. Fun to catch up this way.

Gomez said...

Oh my gosh!!! Poor baby! I didn't think scarlet fever was around any more either....crazy.

Stephanie said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I had scarlet fever when i was 6. it was bad. I didn't even know he had it. poor little guy